WELCOME TO NOT ONE SHALL BE LOST

The purpose of this site is to allow our family members to become more acquainted with our ancestors for whom we owe a great debt of gratitude for their noble heritage.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dayle Aldon Sanderson, 9 May 1906 to 10 August 1994


This is a picture of Dayle Aldon Sanderson, father of Janet Carol Sanderson Marler. It was taken about 1925. He was born on 9 May 1906, in Shelley, Bingham Co., Idaho USA. His parents were Donald Edgar Sanderson and Hattie Maude Carrier. He was born prematurely and weighed only 2 1/2 pounds at birth. Because of his size he was not dressed but he was placed in a shoe box with cotton as an incubator and the box was placed on the open door of the oven in the kitchen. He had a difficult beginning of life but he survived and became a healthy active person. Dayle has written a very interesting life history that we all should read. The next part of this Post is a quote from his personal history that he personally wrote in 1983.

I am really glad I was born when I was. I have seen a great variety of things in my life. I saw the last of the "old west" and the coming of the "industrial age". I saw the country develop from dirt roads to gravel to paved and modern freeways. I saw the development of automobiles, airplanes, jets, rockets, and moon travel. I saw the development of motion pictures, talking movies, radio, T.V. and video equipment, and computers.

I learned a lot of lessons to live by in life. Some were: Do not be afraid to work and do your best; the rewards will follow. Don't be the last to report to work in the morning or the first to leave at night; always be a little early and complete the job, or be at a good stopping point, before you leave. The stove will not give you heat until you have put fuel into it first. The greatest secret to gaining wealth is to save-- save at least 10% of all that comes your way and it will make you wealthy. It takes money to make money. Always pay cash for everything you buy because you will always overpay if you buy on time. Don't make major decisions in life until you have had time to think it over at least one night and a day or more. Be honest in all your dealings above everything else. If you borrow something from someone, be sure you return it right after you are through with it. Pay all your obligations and expect others to do the same. IF a man pays you, he will always be your friend; if not, he will ignore you and avoid you.

From the life history of Dayle Aldon Sanderson written by himself in 1983. (In possession of Rosemary Gray Jenkins - Granddaughter).

5 comments:

4evermemories said...

This is awesome! I love this picture of Grandpa Sandy....I was just going through dusty VCR tapes and transferring some to DVD's. I found a clip of Grandpa Sandy's 80th birthday with family and friends. What a great man, a great legacy! I'll look for more and send you a copy on DVD.

Melissa said...

I cant wait to have my kids read this one. I have my stories/memories I tell them but this is wonderful to read from his journal...thanks

snlbarney said...

I LOVE this entry. It is so great to see the times he witnessed in his life as well as the lessons learned. I have some fun memories of Grandpa Sandy, and still have all those coins he would give us from out in the shed:)

Steve Kolb said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us our family history! I love reading about these amazing people and hope that you will update often!

Bobbi said...

Oh I miss Grandpa Sandy. I loved that we shared a birthday and how he would always give me a coin and tell me to keep good care of it because it was the last one he had. Yet I would get another one the next year. :) He has some good advice here, doesn't he?